Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's snowing!


The world outside my window looks magical today, everything is covered in a glittering blanket of new, white snow that keeps getting deeper and deeper and deeper. The weatherman says that we could get up to 15". It's about time, we haven't had a deep snow yet this winter, while the rest of the world, it seems, has been buried in the snow we usually get. I have to admit, I've been jealous. I love a good snowstorm. It's so peaceful to just stay home and be. Just breathe, have a cup of coffee, watch the snow fall, get lost in a craft project....

Soon the house will be a bustle of activity, with friends coming to go sledding, a snow-day ritual. There's a pot of soup cooking on the stove, brownies are made, hot cocoa is at the ready. I'll enjoy the quiet of now, but look forward to the squealing laughter of children later, sledding, making snow angels, building snowmen, and I'm sure pelting eachother with a few good snowballs. Until then, I'll watch the little assembly line of chickadees empty my feeder one seed at a time. I hope we get all 15" and more so we can do this all again tomorrow! Have a magical snowy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment